“I feel that both the Grand Challenge Scholars Program and the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, have prepared me to take the next step in my academic career. I am excited about the opportunities that lie ahead of me, and I feel I am ready to accomplish both my short and long-term goals while making solar energy more economical.”
Major: Electrical Engineering
Theme: Make Solar Energy Economical
- Baxter participated in a demonstration on renewable energy and power electronics.
- Collaborated on a publication titled, Inductive Power Harvesting for a Touchless Transmission Line Inspection System, for the 2016 IEEE Power and Energy Society General Meeting.
- Contributed to a publication titled, Optimization of GaN-Based Ultra-Low Power Boost Converter in Far-Field Energy Harvesting, for the 2016 IEEE PELS Workshop on Emerging Technologies: Wireless Power Transfer (WoW).
- Professional Responsibility (PHIL 244)
- Honors Leadership Skills (EF 377)
- Introduction to Entrepreneurship (ENT 350)
- New Venture Planning (ENT 451)
- Baxter participated in a study abroad trip with UT Engineering in Hamburg, Germany.
- Participated in Ignite Serves through the Center for Leadership & Service
- CURENT Ambassador